Are you fitting fire doors on your project correctly? It doesn't stop at buying the right doors!
Here at Constructs South West, we take our responsibility seriously to ensure we perform our duties to the best of our ability. That’s why we are Q-MARK accredited fire door installers.
The Q-MARK Scheme demonstrates competence in the installation of fire doors. There is a legal requirement for manufacturers of fire doors to demonstrate the ability of their products to resist the passage and spread of fire. However, if they are not properly installed, their fire resistance capabilities can be seriously compromised. The BM TRADA Q-MARK Fire Door Installation scheme has been designed to provide reassurance to specifiers, contractors and end users that the product they have chosen has been installed correctly and that it should perform as intended. The Q-MARK Fire Door Installation scheme is based on training an individual who takes responsibility for the training and work carried out by several operatives. The scheme is designed to ensure that fire doorsets are being installed correctly, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or appropriate guidelines.
What the scheme aims to achieve:
· Raise the on-going standard of installation of fire doors
· Ensure the product’s fire resistance capabilities are maintained
· Ensure the product’s service life is maximised through correct installation
· Provide peace of mind that the installer is suitably qualified and that their work is continually assessed by an independent body
· Provide specifiers with the means to demonstrate that the installation meets the required standard.
ENSURE YOUR PROJECT IS COMPLIANT AND GET THE RIGHT
CONTRACTOR TO INSTALL YOUR FIRE DOORS.